Monday, August 25, 2014

What Is a Film? What Is a Movie? What is a Video? Are They Different? Why?

I believe that films, videos, and movies are similar in some ways but also different. Movies are an hour or more usually. (sometimes shorter) Movies are shown in movie theaters. Films are normally just "short films" ranging between 10 minuets to 35-40 minutes. You don't get to watch these films in theaters. Videos are relatively short. about 3 seconds to 10 minuets. But I've seen things that were called "short films" or "short movies" on youtube about the same length as videos or movies. Movies are more official, made by larger and usually more famous companies. Films are more amateurish. Not that they aren't good cause I've seen my fair share of good and bad films and movies. But films to me seem like they are made by people who aren't really known so well by the general public. Videos can be made by anyone.

Overall I feel like they all have many similarities. They all can be good or bad. They all are made with cameras. They all require a time and effort in to making really great ones no matter what kind of film, video, or movie you are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment